Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 21:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 21:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.18 meters/second, 1527.0 km/hour, 948.9 miles/hour or 824.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.81 mi||west||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||north||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 51.2"||948.64 mi||west||0° 05' 53.5"||6.75 mi||north||948.92 mi|
|24 hours||14° 36' 32.1"||963.67 mi||east||2° 54' 41.2"||200.19 mi||north||991.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Wed 12:32 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||SSE|
|Taiohae||Wed 12:02 PM||1002 km||622 miles||541 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Wed 1:32 PM||1059 km||658 miles||572 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Wed 11:32 AM||1400 km||870 miles||756 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Wed 11:32 AM||2489 km||1547 miles||1344 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 4:32 PM||2973 km||1847 miles||1605 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:32 AM||3144 km||1954 miles||1698 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 10:32 AM||3545 km||2203 miles||1914 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 11:32 AM||3811 km||2368 miles||2058 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 10:32 AM||3874 km||2407 miles||2092 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.