Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 9:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 21:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.17 meters/second, 1527.0 km/hour, 948.9 miles/hour or 824.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 51.2"||948.63 mi||West||0° 05' 53.3"||6.75 mi||North||948.91 mi|
|24 hours||14° 36' 33.6"||963.69 mi||East||2° 54' 38.2"||200.13 mi||North||991.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Wed 12:32 PM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||S|
|Taiohae||Wed 12:02 PM||1012 km||629 miles||546 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Wed 1:32 PM||1042 km||647 miles||563 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Wed 11:32 AM||1428 km||887 miles||771 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Wed 11:32 AM||2517 km||1564 miles||1359 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 4:32 PM||2947 km||1831 miles||1591 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:32 AM||3166 km||1967 miles||1709 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 10:32 AM||3573 km||2220 miles||1929 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 11:32 AM||3839 km||2385 miles||2073 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 10:32 AM||3902 km||2424 miles||2107 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.