Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 10:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 22:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.35 meters/second, 1527.7 km/hour, 949.2 miles/hour or 824.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 53.1"||949.02 mi||West||0° 05' 58.8"||6.85 mi||North||949.30 mi|
|24 hours||14° 35' 34.7"||962.97 mi||East||2° 56' 34.4"||202.35 mi||North||991.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 12:14 PM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Wed 12:14 PM||603 km||374 miles||325 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:14 PM||1488 km||925 miles||803 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:14 PM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:14 PM||2463 km||1530 miles||1330 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Wed 11:14 AM||2515 km||1563 miles||1358 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 12:14 PM||2771 km||1722 miles||1496 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:14 AM||2851 km||1771 miles||1539 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:14 AM||3073 km||1909 miles||1659 nm||WSW|
|Suva *||Thu 11:14 AM||3748 km||2329 miles||2024 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.