Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 10:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 22:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.38 meters/second, 1527.8 kilometres/hour, 949.3 miles/hour or 824.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 53.5"||949.09 mi||West||0° 05' 59.8"||6.87 mi||North||949.38 mi|
|24 hours||14° 35' 23.4"||962.83 mi||East||2° 56' 56.5"||202.78 mi||North||991.12 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 12:22 PM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Wed 12:22 PM||403 km||250 miles||218 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:22 PM||1296 km||806 miles||700 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:22 PM||2047 km||1272 miles||1105 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Wed 11:22 AM||2313 km||1437 miles||1249 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:22 PM||2364 km||1469 miles||1277 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Thu 12:22 PM||2568 km||1596 miles||1387 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:22 AM||2654 km||1649 miles||1433 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:22 AM||2874 km||1786 miles||1552 nm||WSW|
|Suva *||Thu 11:22 AM||3546 km||2203 miles||1914 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.