Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 22:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.42 meters/second, 1527.9 km/hour, 949.4 miles/hour or 825.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.82 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||north||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 53.9"||949.19 mi||west||0° 06' 01.0"||6.90 mi||north||949.47 mi|
|24 hours||14° 35' 09.4"||962.66 mi||east||2° 57' 23.9"||203.30 mi||north||991.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 12:32 PM||99 km||62 miles||54 nm||E|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Wed 12:32 PM||168 km||105 miles||91 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:32 PM||1062 km||660 miles||574 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Wed 11:32 AM||2061 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:32 PM||2262 km||1406 miles||1221 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:32 PM||2276 km||1414 miles||1229 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Thu 12:32 PM||2314 km||1438 miles||1250 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:32 AM||2414 km||1500 miles||1304 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:32 AM||2626 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||WSW|
|Suva *||Thu 11:32 AM||3293 km||2046 miles||1778 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.