Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 23:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.59 meters/second, 1528.5 kilometres/hour, 949.8 miles/hour or 825.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||North||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 55.7"||949.56 mi||West||0° 06' 06.1"||7.00 mi||North||949.85 mi|
|24 hours||14° 34' 12.3"||961.97 mi||East||2° 59' 13.5"||205.39 mi||North||990.86 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Wed 1:12 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||S|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Wed 1:12 PM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||E|
|Alofi||Wed 12:12 PM||1057 km||657 miles||571 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Wed 1:12 PM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||E|
|Apia *||Thu 1:12 PM||1313 km||816 miles||709 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 12:12 PM||1494 km||928 miles||807 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 12:12 PM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:12 PM||2148 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||N|
|Suva *||Thu 12:12 PM||2280 km||1417 miles||1231 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:12 AM||2449 km||1522 miles||1322 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.