Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 00:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 00:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.86 meters/second, 1529.5 km/hour, 950.4 miles/hour or 825.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.84 mi||west||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||north||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 58.7"||950.17 mi||west||0° 06' 14.2"||7.15 mi||north||950.47 mi|
|24 hours||14° 32' 41.2"||960.85 mi||east||3° 02' 04.5"||208.65 mi||north||990.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Neiafu||Thu 1:14 PM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||SE|
|Pangai||Thu 1:14 PM||297 km||185 miles||160 nm||SSE|
|Nukualofa||Thu 1:14 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||S|
|Mata-Utu||Thu 12:14 PM||449 km||279 miles||243 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Thu 2:14 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Thu 2:14 PM||529 km||328 miles||285 nm||NE|
|Pago Pago||Wed 1:14 PM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Wed 1:14 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Thu 1:14 PM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||W|
|Lautoka *||Thu 1:14 PM||780 km||485 miles||421 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.