Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 00:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 00:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.93 meters/second, 1529.8 km/hour, 950.5 miles/hour or 826.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.84 mi||west||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||north||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 59.6"||950.33 mi||west||0° 06' 16.2"||7.19 mi||north||950.62 mi|
|24 hours||14° 32' 17.7"||960.57 mi||east||3° 02' 47.5"||209.47 mi||north||990.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Suva *||Thu 1:30 PM||286 km||178 miles||155 nm||WSW|
|Lautoka *||Thu 1:30 PM||374 km||232 miles||202 nm||W|
|Nadi *||Thu 1:30 PM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||W|
|Mata-Utu||Thu 12:30 PM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||NE|
|Neiafu||Thu 1:30 PM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||ESE|
|Pangai||Thu 1:30 PM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Thu 1:30 PM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||SE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Thu 2:30 PM||828 km||514 miles||447 nm||ENE|
|Apia *||Thu 2:30 PM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||ENE|
|Pago Pago||Wed 1:30 PM||952 km||592 miles||514 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.