Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 4:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 04:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.01 meters/second, 1533.6 km/hour, 953.0 miles/hour or 828.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||North||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 11.9"||952.75 mi||West||0° 06' 46.2"||7.76 mi||North||953.06 mi|
|24 hours||14° 26' 14.2"||956.10 mi||East||3° 13' 17.6"||221.50 mi||North||988.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Broome||Thu 12:32 PM||166 km||103 miles||89 nm||SW|
|Kupang||Thu 12:32 PM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||N|
|Suai||Thu 1:32 PM||857 km||532 miles||463 nm||NNE|
|Ende||Thu 12:32 PM||896 km||556 miles||484 nm||N|
|Same||Thu 1:32 PM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||NNE|
|Dili||Thu 1:32 PM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Thu 2:02 PM||952 km||592 miles||514 nm||ENE|
|Baucau||Thu 1:32 PM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Thu 12:32 PM||1250 km||777 miles||675 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Thu 2:02 PM||1351 km||840 miles||730 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.