Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 5:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 05:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 426.29 meters/second, 1534.6 kilometres/hour, 953.6 miles/hour or 828.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 15.1"||953.37 mi||West||0° 06' 53.5"||7.90 mi||North||953.69 mi|
|24 hours||14° 24' 40.3"||954.94 mi||East||3° 15' 49.6"||224.40 mi||North||988.35 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Thu 12:32 PM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||NNW|
|Surakarta||Thu 12:32 PM||1031 km||641 miles||557 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Thu 12:32 PM||1048 km||651 miles||566 nm||NNE|
|Semarang||Thu 12:32 PM||1087 km||675 miles||587 nm||N|
|Bandung||Thu 12:32 PM||1088 km||676 miles||587 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Thu 12:32 PM||1126 km||700 miles||608 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Thu 1:32 PM||1128 km||701 miles||609 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Thu 12:32 PM||1186 km||737 miles||640 nm||N|
|Palembang||Thu 12:32 PM||1578 km||981 miles||852 nm||NNW|
|Bengkulu||Thu 12:32 PM||1596 km||991 miles||862 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.