Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 11:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 11:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 427.98 meters/second, 1540.7 kilometres/hour, 957.4 miles/hour or 831.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 35.6"||957.17 mi||West||0° 07' 34.7"||8.69 mi||North||957.51 mi|
|24 hours||14° 15' 08.9"||947.82 mi||East||3° 29' 57.7"||240.58 mi||North||985.30 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mongu||Thu 1:24 PM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||WNW|
|Lusaka||Thu 1:24 PM||421 km||261 miles||227 nm||E|
|Maun||Thu 1:24 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||SSW|
|Kabwe||Thu 1:24 PM||468 km||291 miles||252 nm||ENE|
|Rundu *||Thu 1:24 PM||538 km||334 miles||290 nm||WSW|
|Kitwe||Thu 1:24 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||NE|
|Ndola||Thu 1:24 PM||564 km||351 miles||305 nm||NE|
|Lubumbashi||Thu 1:24 PM||582 km||362 miles||314 nm||NE|
|Bulawayo||Thu 1:24 PM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||SE|
|Francistown||Thu 1:24 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.