Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 12:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 12:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.27 meters/second, 1541.8 km/hour, 958.0 miles/hour or 832.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.97 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||north||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 39.1"||957.82 mi||west||0° 07' 41.2"||8.81 mi||north||958.16 mi|
|24 hours||14° 13' 31.7"||946.60 mi||east||3° 32' 10.4"||243.11 mi||north||984.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lubango||Thu 1:22 PM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||ENE|
|Huambo||Thu 1:22 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||ENE|
|Menongue||Thu 1:22 PM||786 km||489 miles||425 nm||E|
|Luanda||Thu 1:22 PM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||NNE|
|Walvis Bay *||Thu 2:22 PM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||SSE|
|Malanje||Thu 1:22 PM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||NE|
|Rundu *||Thu 2:22 PM||1015 km||630 miles||548 nm||ESE|
|Windhoek *||Thu 2:22 PM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||SE|
|Kinshasa||Thu 1:22 PM||1381 km||858 miles||746 nm||NNE|
|Brazzaville||Thu 1:22 PM||1386 km||861 miles||748 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.