Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 1:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 13:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.62 meters/second, 1543.0 km/hour, 958.8 miles/hour or 833.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 43.4"||958.61 mi||West||0° 07' 49.1"||8.96 mi||North||958.96 mi|
|24 hours||14° 11' 33.3"||945.11 mi||East||3° 34' 47.8"||246.11 mi||North||984.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Thu 1:32 PM||68 km||42 miles||37 nm||ESE|
|Luanda||Thu 2:32 PM||2256 km||1402 miles||1218 nm||ENE|
|São Tomé||Thu 1:32 PM||2281 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||NE|
|Abidjan||Thu 1:32 PM||2339 km||1454 miles||1263 nm||N|
|Accra||Thu 1:32 PM||2445 km||1519 miles||1320 nm||NNE|
|Libreville||Thu 2:32 PM||2485 km||1544 miles||1342 nm||NE|
|Monrovia||Thu 1:32 PM||2486 km||1545 miles||1342 nm||NNW|
|Yamoussoukro||Thu 1:32 PM||2494 km||1550 miles||1347 nm||N|
|Lomé||Thu 1:32 PM||2554 km||1587 miles||1379 nm||NNE|
|Windhoek *||Thu 3:32 PM||2572 km||1598 miles||1389 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.