Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 3:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 15:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.23 meters/second, 1545.2 km/hour, 960.2 miles/hour or 834.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 51.2"||959.97 mi||West||0° 08' 02.0"||9.21 mi||North||960.33 mi|
|24 hours||14° 08' 07.9"||942.51 mi||East||3° 39' 10.4"||251.12 mi||North||982.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salvador||Thu 12:32 PM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||NW|
|Maceió||Thu 12:32 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||N|
|Recife||Thu 12:32 PM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||N|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Thu 1:32 PM||1189 km||739 miles||642 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Thu 12:32 PM||1349 km||838 miles||728 nm||NNW|
|Brasilia *||Thu 1:32 PM||1371 km||852 miles||740 nm||W|
|São Paulo *||Thu 1:32 PM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||SW|
|Belém||Thu 12:32 PM||2133 km||1326 miles||1152 nm||NW|
|Asuncion *||Thu 12:32 PM||2587 km||1608 miles||1397 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Thu 12:32 PM||2948 km||1832 miles||1592 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.