Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 5:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 17:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.90 meters/second, 1547.6 km/hour, 961.7 miles/hour or 835.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.9"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 59.8"||961.47 mi||West||0° 08' 15.9"||9.47 mi||North||961.83 mi|
|24 hours||14° 04' 22.4"||939.64 mi||East||3° 43' 44.7"||256.36 mi||North||981.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Trinidad||Thu 1:42 PM||154 km||96 miles||83 nm||ENE|
|La Paz||Thu 1:42 PM||247 km||153 miles||133 nm||SW|
|Cochabamba||Thu 1:42 PM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||S|
|Santa Cruz||Thu 1:42 PM||442 km||275 miles||239 nm||SE|
|Sucre||Thu 1:42 PM||443 km||276 miles||239 nm||SSE|
|Riberalta||Thu 1:42 PM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||N|
|Cobija||Thu 1:42 PM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||NNW|
|Arequipa||Thu 12:42 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||WSW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Thu 1:42 PM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||ESE|
|Rio Branco||Thu 12:42 PM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.