Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 6:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 18:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.21 meters/second, 1548.8 km/hour, 962.3 miles/hour or 836.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.9"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 03.9"||962.17 mi||West||0° 08' 22.0"||9.59 mi||North||962.53 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 37.4"||938.30 mi||East||3° 45' 47.9"||258.70 mi||North||980.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Callao||Thu 1:42 PM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||NE|
|Lima||Thu 1:42 PM||514 km||319 miles||277 nm||NE|
|Trujillo||Thu 1:42 PM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||NNE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Thu 1:42 PM||906 km||563 miles||489 nm||ENE|
|Arequipa||Thu 1:42 PM||994 km||617 miles||537 nm||E|
|La Paz||Thu 2:42 PM||1356 km||843 miles||732 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Thu 1:42 PM||1419 km||882 miles||766 nm||N|
|Rio Branco||Thu 1:42 PM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||ENE|
|Quito||Thu 1:42 PM||1654 km||1028 miles||893 nm||N|
|Sucre||Thu 2:42 PM||1702 km||1057 miles||919 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.