Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 9:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 21:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.04 meters/second, 1551.8 km/hour, 964.2 miles/hour or 837.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 14.8"||964.04 mi||West||0° 08' 38.0"||9.90 mi||North||964.41 mi|
|24 hours||13° 57' 55.2"||934.68 mi||East||3° 51' 04.9"||264.75 mi||North||978.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 1:22 PM||1629 km||1012 miles||880 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 4:22 PM||1711 km||1063 miles||924 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Thu 11:22 AM||3271 km||2033 miles||1766 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 3:22 PM||3584 km||2227 miles||1935 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City||Thu 3:22 PM||4357 km||2707 miles||2352 nm||NNE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 11:22 AM||4358 km||2708 miles||2353 nm||WSW|
|Guatemala||Thu 3:22 PM||4512 km||2804 miles||2436 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 3:22 PM||4547 km||2826 miles||2455 nm||NE|
|Lima||Thu 4:22 PM||4560 km||2833 miles||2462 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Fri 11:22 AM||4592 km||2853 miles||2479 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.