Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 9:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 21:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.10 meters/second, 1551.9 km/hour, 964.3 miles/hour or 838.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 15.5"||964.16 mi||West||0° 08' 39.0"||9.91 mi||North||964.53 mi|
|24 hours||13° 57' 37.4"||934.46 mi||East||3° 51' 24.2"||265.12 mi||North||978.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 1:32 PM||1465 km||910 miles||791 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 4:32 PM||1871 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Thu 11:32 AM||3017 km||1875 miles||1629 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 3:32 PM||3823 km||2376 miles||2064 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 11:32 AM||4110 km||2554 miles||2219 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 11:32 AM||4349 km||2703 miles||2348 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City||Thu 3:32 PM||4492 km||2791 miles||2426 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 3:32 PM||4698 km||2919 miles||2537 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 3:32 PM||4741 km||2946 miles||2560 nm||NE|
|Lima||Thu 4:32 PM||4819 km||2994 miles||2602 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.