Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 9:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 21:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.13 meters/second, 1552.1 km/hour, 964.4 miles/hour or 838.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 15.8"||964.23 mi||West||0° 08' 39.6"||9.93 mi||North||964.60 mi|
|24 hours||13° 57' 26.8"||934.32 mi||East||3° 51' 35.7"||265.34 mi||North||978.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 1:38 PM||1379 km||857 miles||745 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 4:38 PM||1976 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Thu 11:38 AM||2864 km||1780 miles||1547 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 11:38 AM||3962 km||2462 miles||2139 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 3:38 PM||3969 km||2466 miles||2143 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 11:38 AM||4205 km||2613 miles||2271 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City||Thu 3:38 PM||4579 km||2845 miles||2473 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Thu 3:38 PM||4814 km||2991 miles||2599 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 3:38 PM||4860 km||3020 miles||2624 nm||NE|
|Lima||Thu 4:38 PM||4974 km||3090 miles||2686 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.