Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 10:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 22:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.36 meters/second, 1552.9 km/hour, 964.9 miles/hour or 838.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 19.0"||964.75 mi||West||0° 08' 43.9"||10.01 mi||North||965.12 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 08.4"||933.31 mi||East||3° 52' 59.6"||266.94 mi||North||977.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 12:52 PM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||NW|
|Gambier Islands||Thu 1:22 PM||968 km||602 miles||523 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Thu 2:22 PM||1223 km||760 miles||661 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Thu 12:22 PM||1750 km||1088 miles||945 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 5:22 PM||2869 km||1782 miles||1549 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:22 PM||2878 km||1788 miles||1554 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:22 PM||3190 km||1982 miles||1722 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 11:22 AM||3908 km||2428 miles||2110 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 12:22 PM||4127 km||2564 miles||2228 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:22 AM||4140 km||2573 miles||2236 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.