Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 10:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.41 meters/second, 1553.1 km/hour, 965.0 miles/hour or 838.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 19.7"||964.87 mi||West||0° 08' 45.0"||10.03 mi||North||965.23 mi|
|24 hours||13° 55' 50.6"||933.08 mi||East||3° 53' 18.4"||267.30 mi||North||977.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 1:02 PM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||NNW|
|Gambier Islands||Thu 1:32 PM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Thu 2:32 PM||1321 km||821 miles||713 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Thu 12:32 PM||1500 km||932 miles||810 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:32 PM||2635 km||1637 miles||1423 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:32 PM||2974 km||1848 miles||1606 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 5:32 PM||3089 km||1920 miles||1668 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Thu 11:32 AM||3656 km||2272 miles||1974 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 12:32 PM||3869 km||2404 miles||2089 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:32 AM||3882 km||2412 miles||2096 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.