Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 10:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 22:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.46 meters/second, 1553.3 km/hour, 965.2 miles/hour or 838.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 20.4"||964.99 mi||West||0° 08' 46.0"||10.04 mi||North||965.35 mi|
|24 hours||13° 55' 32.9"||932.85 mi||East||3° 53' 37.4"||267.65 mi||North||977.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 1:12 PM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Thu 12:42 PM||1252 km||778 miles||676 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 2:42 PM||1456 km||904 miles||786 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:42 PM||2393 km||1487 miles||1292 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:42 PM||2767 km||1719 miles||1494 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 5:42 PM||3314 km||2059 miles||1789 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Thu 11:42 AM||3404 km||2115 miles||1838 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 12:42 PM||3610 km||2243 miles||1949 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:42 AM||3624 km||2252 miles||1957 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 11:42 AM||3972 km||2468 miles||2145 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.