Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 11:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 23:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.57 meters/second, 1553.6 km/hour, 965.4 miles/hour or 838.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 21.8"||965.22 mi||West||0° 08' 47.9"||10.08 mi||North||965.59 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 57.1"||932.39 mi||East||3° 54' 14.8"||268.37 mi||North||977.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 1:32 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Thu 1:02 PM||773 km||480 miles||417 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 3:02 PM||1802 km||1119 miles||973 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:02 PM||1920 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:02 PM||2387 km||1483 miles||1289 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 12:02 PM||2902 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 1:02 PM||3093 km||1922 miles||1670 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:02 PM||3108 km||1932 miles||1678 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:02 PM||3477 km||2160 miles||1877 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 6:02 PM||3772 km||2344 miles||2037 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.