Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 11:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 23:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.62 meters/second, 1553.8 km/hour, 965.5 miles/hour or 839.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 22.4"||965.34 mi||West||0° 08' 48.8"||10.10 mi||North||965.71 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 39.4"||932.16 mi||East||3° 54' 33.5"||268.72 mi||North||977.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 1:12 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||SW|
|Taiohae||Thu 1:42 PM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:12 PM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 3:12 PM||2000 km||1242 miles||1080 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:12 PM||2219 km||1379 miles||1198 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 12:12 PM||2651 km||1648 miles||1432 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 1:12 PM||2835 km||1761 miles||1531 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:12 PM||2852 km||1772 miles||1540 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:12 PM||3231 km||2007 miles||1744 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:12 AM||3772 km||2344 miles||2037 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.