Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 11:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 23:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.63 meters/second, 1553.9 kilometres/hour, 965.5 miles/hour or 839.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 22.6"||965.36 mi||West||0° 08' 48.9"||10.10 mi||North||965.73 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 35.8"||932.11 mi||East||3° 54' 37.2"||268.80 mi||North||977.19 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 1:14 PM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||SW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Thu 1:14 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||WSW|
|Taiohae||Thu 1:44 PM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:14 PM||1646 km||1023 miles||889 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 3:14 PM||2041 km||1268 miles||1102 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:14 PM||2188 km||1360 miles||1182 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 12:14 PM||2602 km||1617 miles||1405 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 1:14 PM||2783 km||1729 miles||1503 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:14 PM||2800 km||1740 miles||1512 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:14 PM||3181 km||1977 miles||1718 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.