Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 11:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.73 meters/second, 1554.2 km/hour, 965.7 miles/hour or 839.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 23.9"||965.58 mi||West||0° 08' 50.7"||10.14 mi||North||965.94 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 03.6"||931.70 mi||East||3° 55' 10.6"||269.43 mi||North||976.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 1:32 PM||364 km||226 miles||197 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:32 PM||1261 km||783 miles||681 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:32 PM||1951 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Thu 12:32 PM||2154 km||1338 miles||1163 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 1:32 PM||2317 km||1440 miles||1251 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:32 PM||2340 km||1454 miles||1264 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Thu 3:32 PM||2425 km||1507 miles||1309 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:32 PM||2741 km||1703 miles||1480 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:32 AM||3299 km||2050 miles||1782 nm||WNW|
|Suva *||Fri 12:32 PM||3365 km||2091 miles||1817 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.