Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 11:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 23:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.78 meters/second, 1554.4 kilometres/hour, 965.9 miles/hour or 839.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 24.6"||965.69 mi||West||0° 08' 51.6"||10.15 mi||North||966.06 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 45.8"||931.47 mi||East||3° 55' 28.9"||269.78 mi||North||976.82 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Thu 1:42 PM||265 km||165 miles||143 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Thu 1:42 PM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:42 PM||1072 km||666 miles||579 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:42 PM||1859 km||1155 miles||1004 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Thu 12:42 PM||1908 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 1:42 PM||2058 km||1279 miles||1111 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:42 PM||2086 km||1296 miles||1127 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:42 PM||2499 km||1553 miles||1349 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 3:42 PM||2648 km||1645 miles||1430 nm||ESE|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:42 AM||3070 km||1907 miles||1658 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.