Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 12:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 00:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.88 meters/second, 1554.8 km/hour, 966.1 miles/hour or 839.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 26.0"||965.93 mi||West||0° 08' 53.6"||10.19 mi||North||966.30 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 09.9"||931.00 mi||East||3° 56' 05.6"||270.48 mi||North||976.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:02 PM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Thu 2:02 PM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Thu 1:02 PM||1425 km||886 miles||770 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 2:02 PM||1540 km||957 miles||832 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:02 PM||1586 km||985 miles||856 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:02 PM||1783 km||1108 miles||963 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:02 PM||2023 km||1257 miles||1092 nm||WSW|
|Suva *||Fri 1:02 PM||2606 km||1619 miles||1407 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:02 PM||2618 km||1626 miles||1413 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:02 PM||2630 km||1634 miles||1420 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.