Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 12:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 00:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.94 meters/second, 1555.0 km/hour, 966.2 miles/hour or 839.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 26.7"||966.05 mi||West||0° 08' 54.5"||10.21 mi||North||966.42 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 52.1"||930.77 mi||East||3° 56' 23.9"||270.83 mi||North||976.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:12 PM||775 km||482 miles||419 nm||S|
|Papeete||Thu 2:12 PM||1168 km||725 miles||630 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Thu 1:12 PM||1193 km||741 miles||644 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 2:12 PM||1281 km||796 miles||692 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:12 PM||1342 km||834 miles||725 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:12 PM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:12 PM||1803 km||1120 miles||973 nm||N|
|Suva *||Fri 1:12 PM||2354 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:12 PM||2364 km||1469 miles||1276 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:12 PM||2424 km||1506 miles||1309 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.