Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 12:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 00:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.98 meters/second, 1555.1 km/hour, 966.3 miles/hour or 839.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 27.3"||966.14 mi||West||0° 08' 55.2"||10.22 mi||North||966.51 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 37.8"||930.58 mi||East||3° 56' 38.5"||271.11 mi||North||976.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:20 PM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Thu 1:20 PM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 1:20 PM||1015 km||630 miles||548 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 2:20 PM||1074 km||667 miles||580 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:20 PM||1155 km||718 miles||624 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Thu 2:20 PM||1365 km||848 miles||737 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:20 PM||1610 km||1001 miles||870 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:20 PM||1846 km||1147 miles||997 nm||NNE|
|Suva *||Fri 1:20 PM||2154 km||1338 miles||1163 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:20 PM||2160 km||1342 miles||1166 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.