Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 12:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 00:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.03 meters/second, 1555.3 km/hour, 966.4 miles/hour or 839.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 28.0"||966.26 mi||West||0° 08' 56.1"||10.24 mi||North||966.63 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 19.8"||930.35 mi||East||3° 56' 56.6"||271.45 mi||North||976.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Thu 1:30 PM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 1:30 PM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Fri 2:30 PM||814 km||506 miles||440 nm||W|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 2:30 PM||864 km||537 miles||466 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:30 PM||912 km||567 miles||493 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:30 PM||927 km||576 miles||501 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:30 PM||1394 km||866 miles||752 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 2:30 PM||1615 km||1003 miles||872 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Fri 1:30 PM||1904 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:30 PM||1912 km||1188 miles||1033 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.