Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 12:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 00:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.04 meters/second, 1555.4 km/hour, 966.5 miles/hour or 839.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 28.1"||966.29 mi||West||0° 08' 56.3"||10.24 mi||North||966.66 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 16.3"||930.31 mi||East||3° 57' 00.2"||271.52 mi||North||976.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Thu 1:32 PM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 2:32 PM||763 km||474 miles||412 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 1:32 PM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 2:32 PM||812 km||504 miles||438 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:32 PM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:32 PM||940 km||584 miles||508 nm||SSE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:32 PM||1352 km||840 miles||730 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 2:32 PM||1665 km||1034 miles||899 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Fri 1:32 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:32 PM||1863 km||1157 miles||1006 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.