Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 12:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 00:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.09 meters/second, 1555.5 km/hour, 966.5 miles/hour or 839.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 28.7"||966.38 mi||West||0° 08' 57.2"||10.26 mi||North||966.75 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 02.0"||930.12 mi||East||3° 57' 14.8"||271.80 mi||North||976.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Thu 1:40 PM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 2:40 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||W|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 2:40 PM||605 km||376 miles||326 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 1:40 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:40 PM||727 km||452 miles||392 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Fri 1:40 PM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:40 PM||1069 km||664 miles||577 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:40 PM||1191 km||740 miles||643 nm||SW|
|Suva *||Fri 1:40 PM||1656 km||1029 miles||894 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:40 PM||1666 km||1035 miles||900 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.