Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 1:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 01:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.41 meters/second, 1556.7 km/hour, 967.3 miles/hour or 840.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 33.2"||967.11 mi||West||0° 09' 02.9"||10.37 mi||North||967.49 mi|
|24 hours||346° 09' 49.3"||928.67 mi||West||3° 59' 05.4"||273.91 mi||North||975.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Labasa *||Fri 2:42 PM||285 km||177 miles||154 nm||SSE|
|Levuka *||Fri 2:42 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||S|
|Lautoka *||Fri 2:42 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||SSW|
|Nadi *||Fri 2:42 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||SSW|
|Suva *||Fri 2:42 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||S|
|Mata-Utu||Fri 1:42 PM||585 km||364 miles||316 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:42 PM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||N|
|Neiafu||Fri 2:42 PM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||ESE|
|Pangai||Fri 2:42 PM||999 km||620 miles||539 nm||SE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 3:42 PM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.