Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 3, 2014 at 02:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 02:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.68 meters/second, 1557.7 km/hour, 967.9 miles/hour or 841.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||16.13 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||north||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 36.8"||967.79 mi||west||0° 09' 07.6"||10.46 mi||north||968.16 mi|
|24 hours||346° 11' 21.1"||927.54 mi||west||4° 00' 34.8"||275.63 mi||north||974.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Fri 1:32 PM||210 km||130 miles||113 nm||SSE|
|Port Vila||Fri 1:32 PM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Fri 1:32 PM||839 km||521 miles||453 nm||NW|
|Noumea||Fri 1:32 PM||929 km||577 miles||502 nm||S|
|Suva *||Fri 3:32 PM||1391 km||864 miles||751 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Fri 2:32 PM||1478 km||918 miles||798 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:32 PM||1540 km||957 miles||832 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Fri 2:32 PM||1850 km||1150 miles||999 nm||NNE|
|Brisbane||Fri 12:32 PM||2033 km||1264 miles||1098 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 12:32 PM||2129 km||1323 miles||1149 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.