Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 3, 2014 at 02:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 02:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.68 meters/second, 1557.6 km/hour, 967.9 miles/hour or 841.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||16.13 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||north||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 36.7"||967.71 mi||west||0° 09' 07.4"||10.45 mi||north||968.08 mi|
|24 hours||346° 11' 19.0"||927.50 mi||west||4° 00' 32.8"||275.58 mi||north||974.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Fri 1:32 PM||197 km||122 miles||106 nm||SSE|
|Port Vila||Fri 1:32 PM||471 km||292 miles||254 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Fri 1:32 PM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||NW|
|Noumea||Fri 1:32 PM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||S|
|Suva *||Fri 3:32 PM||1364 km||847 miles||736 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Fri 2:32 PM||1477 km||918 miles||797 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:32 PM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Fri 2:32 PM||1839 km||1143 miles||993 nm||NNE|
|Brisbane||Fri 12:32 PM||2052 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:32 PM||2104 km||1307 miles||1136 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.