Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 3, 2014 at 03:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 03:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.00 meters/second, 1558.8 km/hour, 968.6 miles/hour or 841.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||16.14 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||north||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 41.3"||968.50 mi||west||0° 09' 13.0"||10.56 mi||north||968.87 mi|
|24 hours||13° 46' 50.9"||926.13 mi||east||4° 02' 17.5"||277.59 mi||north||973.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Fri 1:32 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Fri 1:32 PM||736 km||457 miles||397 nm||WSW|
|Gizo||Fri 2:32 PM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||NE|
|Arawa||Fri 1:32 PM||927 km||576 miles||500 nm||NNE|
|Lae||Fri 1:32 PM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||NW|
|Buka||Fri 1:32 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Fri 2:32 PM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||ENE|
|Brisbane||Fri 1:32 PM||1527 km||949 miles||825 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Fri 12:32 PM||1737 km||1079 miles||938 nm||NW|
|Port Vila||Fri 2:32 PM||1826 km||1134 miles||986 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.