Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 4:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 04:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.26 meters/second, 1559.7 kilometres/hour, 969.2 miles/hour or 842.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 44.8"||969.01 mi||West||0° 09' 17.3"||10.64 mi||North||969.39 mi|
|24 hours||13° 45' 22.8"||924.91 mi||East||4° 03' 39.5"||279.14 mi||North||972.93 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weipa||Fri 2:22 PM||223 km||138 miles||120 nm||ENE|
|Cairns||Fri 2:22 PM||717 km||446 miles||387 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 2:22 PM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||ENE|
|Tennant Creek||Fri 1:52 PM||915 km||569 miles||494 nm||SW|
|Mount Hagen||Fri 2:22 PM||971 km||604 miles||524 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Fri 1:52 PM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Fri 1:22 PM||1225 km||761 miles||662 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Fri 1:52 PM||1293 km||803 miles||698 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Fri 1:22 PM||1555 km||966 miles||839 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Fri 1:22 PM||1675 km||1041 miles||905 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.