Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 4:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 04:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.36 meters/second, 1560.1 km/hour, 969.4 miles/hour or 842.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 46.2"||969.25 mi||West||0° 09' 18.9"||10.68 mi||North||969.62 mi|
|24 hours||13° 44' 46.6"||924.44 mi||East||4° 04' 12.7"||279.77 mi||North||972.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Fri 2:12 PM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||WNW|
|Tennant Creek||Fri 2:12 PM||684 km||425 miles||370 nm||S|
|Alice Springs||Fri 2:12 PM||1133 km||704 miles||612 nm||S|
|Dili||Fri 1:42 PM||1191 km||740 miles||643 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Fri 2:42 PM||1192 km||740 miles||643 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Fri 1:42 PM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 2:42 PM||1380 km||857 miles||745 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Fri 1:42 PM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||N|
|Makassar||Fri 12:42 PM||1970 km||1224 miles||1064 nm||WNW|
|Manado||Fri 12:42 PM||2021 km||1256 miles||1091 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.