Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 5:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 05:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.58 meters/second, 1560.9 km/hour, 969.9 miles/hour or 842.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 49.1"||969.72 mi||West||0° 09' 22.5"||10.74 mi||North||970.10 mi|
|24 hours||13° 43' 34.6"||923.49 mi||East||4° 05' 18.1"||281.01 mi||North||972.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Fri 1:22 PM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Fri 2:22 PM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||N|
|Same||Fri 2:22 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||N|
|Dili||Fri 2:22 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||N|
|Baucau||Fri 2:22 PM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||N|
|Darwin||Fri 2:52 PM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||E|
|Ende||Fri 1:22 PM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||NW|
|Raba||Fri 1:22 PM||939 km||584 miles||507 nm||NW|
|Kendari||Fri 1:22 PM||1101 km||684 miles||595 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Fri 1:22 PM||1144 km||711 miles||618 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.