Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 5:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 05:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.68 meters/second, 1561.3 km/hour, 970.1 miles/hour or 843.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 50.7"||969.96 mi||West||0° 09' 24.2"||10.77 mi||North||970.33 mi|
|24 hours||13° 42' 58.5"||923.01 mi||East||4° 05' 50.4"||281.63 mi||North||971.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Fri 1:42 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||NE|
|Ende||Fri 1:42 PM||511 km||317 miles||276 nm||N|
|Raba||Fri 1:42 PM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Fri 2:42 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||NE|
|Same||Fri 2:42 PM||716 km||445 miles||387 nm||NE|
|Mataram||Fri 1:42 PM||741 km||461 miles||400 nm||NW|
|Dili||Fri 2:42 PM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||NE|
|Denpasar||Fri 1:42 PM||806 km||501 miles||435 nm||NW|
|Baucau||Fri 2:42 PM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||NE|
|Singaraja||Fri 1:42 PM||857 km||533 miles||463 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.