Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 5:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 05:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.73 meters/second, 1561.4 kilometres/hour, 970.2 miles/hour or 843.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 51.5"||970.08 mi||West||0° 09' 25.1"||10.79 mi||North||970.45 mi|
|24 hours||13° 42' 40.4"||922.78 mi||East||4° 06' 06.6"||281.94 mi||North||971.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Raba||Fri 1:52 PM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||N|
|Mataram||Fri 1:52 PM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||NNW|
|Ende||Fri 1:52 PM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||NE|
|Denpasar||Fri 1:52 PM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||NW|
|Kupang||Fri 1:52 PM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||ENE|
|Singaraja||Fri 1:52 PM||686 km||426 miles||371 nm||NNW|
|Malang||Fri 12:52 PM||870 km||540 miles||470 nm||NW|
|Suai||Fri 2:52 PM||870 km||540 miles||470 nm||ENE|
|Makassar||Fri 1:52 PM||916 km||569 miles||495 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Fri 12:52 PM||918 km||570 miles||495 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.