Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 6:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 06:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.93 meters/second, 1562.2 km/hour, 970.7 miles/hour or 843.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 54.3"||970.53 mi||West||0° 09' 28.3"||10.85 mi||North||970.90 mi|
|24 hours||13° 41' 31.9"||921.87 mi||East||4° 07' 07.0"||283.09 mi||North||971.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Fri 1:30 PM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||NW|
|Yogyakarta||Fri 1:30 PM||616 km||383 miles||332 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Fri 1:30 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||NNE|
|Tasikmalaya||Fri 1:30 PM||667 km||415 miles||360 nm||N|
|Madiun||Fri 1:30 PM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||NNE|
|Kediri||Fri 1:30 PM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Fri 1:30 PM||690 km||429 miles||372 nm||NNE|
|Semarang||Fri 1:30 PM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||N|
|Bandung||Fri 1:30 PM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Fri 1:30 PM||764 km||475 miles||412 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.