Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 10:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 10:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.26 meters/second, 1566.9 kilometres/hour, 973.6 miles/hour or 846.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 13.1"||973.50 mi||West||0° 09' 48.6"||11.24 mi||North||973.87 mi|
|24 hours||13° 33' 57.3"||915.83 mi||East||4° 13' 25.1"||290.29 mi||North||967.11 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Antsiranana||Fri 1:42 PM||69 km||43 miles||37 nm||ENE|
|Mamoutzou||Fri 1:42 PM||382 km||238 miles||207 nm||W|
|Mahajanga||Fri 1:42 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||SW|
|Mutsamudu||Fri 1:42 PM||475 km||295 miles||256 nm||W|
|Fomboni||Fri 1:42 PM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||W|
|Moroni||Fri 1:42 PM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||W|
|Toamasina||Fri 1:42 PM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||S|
|Antananarivo||Fri 1:42 PM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||S|
|Antsirabe||Fri 1:42 PM||825 km||513 miles||446 nm||SSW|
|Pemba||Fri 12:42 PM||895 km||556 miles||483 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.