Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 11:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 11:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.52 meters/second, 1567.9 kilometres/hour, 974.2 miles/hour or 846.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 16.7"||974.08 mi||West||0° 09' 52.5"||11.31 mi||North||974.45 mi|
|24 hours||13° 32' 27.5"||914.63 mi||East||4° 14' 35.2"||291.63 mi||North||966.30 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mzuzu||Fri 1:32 PM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||WNW|
|Zomba||Fri 1:32 PM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||SSW|
|Lilongwe||Fri 1:32 PM||362 km||225 miles||196 nm||WSW|
|Nampula||Fri 1:32 PM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||SE|
|Blantyre||Fri 1:32 PM||413 km||256 miles||223 nm||SSW|
|Karonga||Fri 1:32 PM||414 km||257 miles||223 nm||NW|
|Pemba||Fri 1:32 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||E|
|Chipata||Fri 1:32 PM||462 km||287 miles||249 nm||WSW|
|Mbeya||Fri 2:32 PM||532 km||330 miles||287 nm||NW|
|Kasama||Fri 1:32 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.