Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 12:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 12:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.78 meters/second, 1568.8 kilometres/hour, 974.8 miles/hour or 847.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 20.6"||974.66 mi||West||0° 09' 56.3"||11.39 mi||North||975.03 mi|
|24 hours||13° 30' 57.6"||913.42 mi||East||4° 15' 43.7"||292.94 mi||North||965.48 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lubumbashi||Fri 2:22 PM||310 km||193 miles||168 nm||ENE|
|Mongu||Fri 2:22 PM||368 km||229 miles||199 nm||SSW|
|Kitwe||Fri 2:22 PM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||E|
|Ndola||Fri 2:22 PM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||E|
|Kabwe||Fri 2:22 PM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||ESE|
|Lusaka||Fri 2:22 PM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||SE|
|Luena||Fri 1:22 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||W|
|Lucapa||Fri 1:22 PM||612 km||381 miles||331 nm||NW|
|Mbuji-Mayi||Fri 2:22 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||N|
|Kasama||Fri 2:22 PM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.