Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 12:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 12:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.83 meters/second, 1569.0 kilometres/hour, 974.9 miles/hour or 847.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 21.3"||974.78 mi||West||0° 09' 57.0"||11.40 mi||North||975.15 mi|
|24 hours||13° 30' 39.7"||913.18 mi||East||4° 15' 57.3"||293.20 mi||North||965.31 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luena||Fri 1:32 PM||267 km||166 miles||144 nm||WNW|
|Mongu||Fri 2:32 PM||342 km||212 miles||184 nm||SSE|
|Lucapa||Fri 1:32 PM||462 km||287 miles||249 nm||NNW|
|Menongue||Fri 1:32 PM||564 km||350 miles||304 nm||WSW|
|Lubumbashi||Fri 2:32 PM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||E|
|Kitwe||Fri 2:32 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||E|
|Tshikapa||Fri 2:32 PM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||NNW|
|Rundu *||Fri 2:32 PM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||SSW|
|Ndola||Fri 2:32 PM||691 km||429 miles||373 nm||E|
|Mbuji-Mayi||Fri 2:32 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.