Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 4:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 16:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.06 meters/second, 1573.4 km/hour, 977.7 miles/hour or 849.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 39.5"||977.54 mi||West||0° 10' 14.2"||11.73 mi||North||977.90 mi|
|24 hours||13° 23' 31.0"||907.38 mi||East||4° 21' 03.1"||299.02 mi||North||961.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Aracaju||Fri 1:32 PM||200 km||124 miles||108 nm||WNW|
|Maceió||Fri 1:32 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||N|
|Salvador||Fri 1:32 PM||368 km||229 miles||199 nm||WSW|
|Recife||Fri 1:32 PM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||N|
|Natal||Fri 1:32 PM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||N|
|Fernando de Noronha||Fri 2:32 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||NNE|
|Fortaleza||Fri 1:32 PM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||NNW|
|Brasilia *||Fri 2:32 PM||1427 km||887 miles||771 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Fri 2:32 PM||1503 km||934 miles||812 nm||SSW|
|São Paulo *||Fri 2:32 PM||1778 km||1105 miles||960 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.