Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 5:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 17:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.36 meters/second, 1574.5 km/hour, 978.3 miles/hour or 850.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 43.9"||978.21 mi||West||0° 10' 18.3"||11.80 mi||North||978.58 mi|
|24 hours||13° 21' 44.6"||905.93 mi||East||4° 22' 13.7"||300.37 mi||North||960.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palmas||Fri 2:32 PM||215 km||133 miles||116 nm||NE|
|Brasilia *||Fri 3:32 PM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||SSE|
|Barra do Garças||Fri 2:32 PM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||SSW|
|Goiânia *||Fri 3:32 PM||582 km||361 miles||314 nm||S|
|São Félix do Xingu||Fri 2:32 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||NNW|
|Belém||Fri 2:32 PM||1116 km||694 miles||603 nm||N|
|Salvador||Fri 2:32 PM||1245 km||774 miles||672 nm||E|
|São Paulo *||Fri 3:32 PM||1381 km||858 miles||746 nm||SSE|
|Manaus||Fri 1:32 PM||1455 km||904 miles||786 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Fri 3:32 PM||1456 km||905 miles||786 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.