Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 9:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 21:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.55 meters/second, 1578.8 km/hour, 981.0 miles/hour or 852.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.35 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.35 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 02.1"||980.88 mi||West||0° 10' 33.5"||12.09 mi||North||981.24 mi|
|24 hours||13° 14' 43.1"||900.12 mi||East||4° 26' 34.6"||305.33 mi||North||955.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Fri 4:32 PM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||S|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 3:32 PM||2264 km||1407 miles||1223 nm||ENE|
|Adamstown||Fri 1:32 PM||2859 km||1777 miles||1544 nm||SW|
|Lima||Fri 4:32 PM||3331 km||2070 miles||1799 nm||E|
|Guatemala||Fri 3:32 PM||3376 km||2098 miles||1823 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 3:32 PM||3380 km||2100 miles||1825 nm||NE|
|Quito||Fri 4:32 PM||3417 km||2123 miles||1845 nm||ENE|
|Managua||Fri 3:32 PM||3458 km||2148 miles||1867 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 3:32 PM||3461 km||2151 miles||1869 nm||NE|
|Mexico City||Fri 3:32 PM||3463 km||2152 miles||1870 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.