Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 10:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 438.84 meters/second, 1579.8 kilometres/hour, 981.7 miles/hour or 853.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 06.8"||981.53 mi||West||0° 10' 36.9"||12.16 mi||North||981.89 mi|
|24 hours||13° 12' 58.9"||898.67 mi||East||4° 27' 34.2"||306.47 mi||North||954.79 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 2:32 PM||1818 km||1130 miles||982 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 5:32 PM||2257 km||1403 miles||1219 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Fri 12:32 PM||3073 km||1910 miles||1659 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 4:32 PM||3738 km||2323 miles||2018 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:32 PM||4151 km||2579 miles||2241 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City||Fri 4:32 PM||4158 km||2584 miles||2245 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 12:32 PM||4203 km||2612 miles||2270 nm||WSW|
|Guatemala||Fri 4:32 PM||4450 km||2765 miles||2403 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 4:32 PM||4508 km||2801 miles||2434 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 4:32 PM||4682 km||2909 miles||2528 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.