Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 11:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 23:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.03 meters/second, 1580.5 km/hour, 982.1 miles/hour or 853.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 09.7"||981.97 mi||West||0° 10' 39.3"||12.21 mi||North||982.32 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 49.8"||897.71 mi||East||4° 28' 12.6"||307.20 mi||North||954.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 1:42 PM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:12 PM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 1:12 PM||2090 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:12 PM||2973 km||1847 miles||1605 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:12 PM||3160 km||1964 miles||1706 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:12 PM||3237 km||2012 miles||1748 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:12 PM||4224 km||2625 miles||2281 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:12 PM||4342 km||2698 miles||2345 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:12 PM||4383 km||2724 miles||2367 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 1:12 PM||4538 km||2820 miles||2451 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.